Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Friday, January 20, 2006

Minor Update (Free iPods Anyone?)

Here's a minor blog update: I've decided to take down the Google AD. It's ineffective and I probably creates more of an annoyance than a nice thing to have. It may come back when I get more traffic or actually start paying for hosting.

In some other news, I'm trying out one of those incentive sites, in this case mp3players4free.com. I already have an iPod (that I'm very happy with), so I'm just going to get a $275 check.

Basically, in order to get an iPod (or iRiver H10/Creative Zen/$275 check), you have to complete a sponsored offer and get five other people to sign up with you as their referral and also complete a sponsored offer. I did the Blockbuster Online offer (I was going to sign up for it anyway :-) ), but there are tons of other offers. There's Columbia House DVD, a few ISPs, webhosting, DirecTV, and BMG Music Service to name a few. You can get away with most of the offers without paying, and a few of them are free (I think the LumiDent one is free).

And here's the thing: I only need 2 more referrals! This could literally pay for good webhosting for about four years. If you enjoy reading my blog and want me to continue, this is the way to support me (and maybe get an iPod in the process). If you're skeptical, there's TONS of proof online, just go out and search for it (the company is OfferCentric).

If you're interested, here's the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home