Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

WordPress Status

Just a quick update on my status of moving to WordPress.

I found a theme that I like, it's called Sapphire. I like the look and feel of it, but there are also a lot of things that I want to change in it. I'm tweaking it to my liking.

I also tested importing a dummy Blogger blog into WP. The default tool to do this is included with WP doesn't import comments. So, I scoured the internet (actually, a two second google search) and came up with another tool, which was like the first but included comments.

The way to import a Blogger blog into WP is kind of odd and tricky - you have to tweak a bunch of settings in Blogger (like the date timestamp), you have to set up Blogger to FTP the files to your base WP installation, you have to modify your template so it contains one line, and then the script will parse that file and import it.

I've only done it once, but I was successfull the first time.

As I continue to tweak the theme, please feel free to check out my efforts so far. That will not be the final location of the WP blog, it will just be where I will tweak it to suit my needs.

I signed up for the f2o.org account, now I'm pending account creation. We'll see how long that'll take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home