Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Sunday, November 13, 2005

That Was Quick.

And, suddenly, Hibernation no longer works. I installed the nvidia-glx package and activated it, and hibernation doesn't resume anymore.

I discovered that Ubuntu doesn't use SoftwareSuspend2, but instead the original SoftwareSuspend that is included in the kernel. From reading a bit, I've found that version 2 works much better. I also found a guide on the Ubuntu forums that I'm currently following to get hibernation working with the proprietary NVidia driver.

We'll see how this goes.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/13/2005 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Justin said…

    But the thing is, I have never gotten any other distro to hibernate. Ever. The fact that Ubuntu could is encouragement enough for me. The only reason it didn't work was because I installed and activated the NVidia drivers.

    And, this isn't an Ubuntu specific problem. It's a problem with the proprietary NVidia drivers. The guide I'm following actually guides you through and makes you modify a section of the NVidia code so it can be hibernated.

    Whoopie! The kernel compilation just ended! Now onto the next step...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home