Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

WordPress.com Invite Contest!

In a stroke of luck, I have obtained a second invite to WordPress.com, I guess accidentally. But this is good, because I now have another invite to spare, and nothing to do with it... Until now!

I'm going to have a contest here. What is the contest, you ask? All you have to do is write some original content that has relevance to Linux or Free Software. It doesn't have to be a lengthy 600 word piece, just something that has value to it (a few paragraphs should be fine). It can be an opinion on something that you've always wanted the world to hear, something related to current events, whatever.

I will post all submissions here, and I will pick my top two favorite ones and send a WordPress.com invite to both of them. So that means: send something and you'll have a good chance of getting one. This is good too, since WordPress.com invitations are limited now, and there's a long waiting list to get them.

Why WordPress.com? In my opinion, it is the best free blog hosting site that I've come across. All the good features about WordPress (like instant publishing, a nice Dashboard, and even a WYSIWYG editor) but all for free. Not even so much as a text ad, or an annoying top bar that is on Blogger blogs. Blogger users will absolutely love the instant publishing. Blogger publishing gets so annoying. My only issue with it is there is not template editing, but they should soon be starting something like that.

I really get annoyed after giving deadlines. I will probably close the contest when I feel there are enough entries, or when I think it has been long enough. That should give everyone a reasonable amount of time (I'm thinking between one and two weeks). If you want to write something, get it to me ASAP. If you hit a stroke of lazyness and can't write it (hey, happens to me all the time) or are just too busy, send me an email and I'll be sure to keep it open for you to submit one.

Oh, and before I forget, here's my email: jgrace103@gmail.com

(Also, if you have your own blog, why not link to this contest? I'll be sure to thank you when I announce the winner)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home