Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Page Rank, Kernel Compiling, etc

I just read Jon's blog post about his Page Ranks, so I thought that I'd check out mine. I remember that when I first started this blog, it was 0 (duh). I installed the Google Toolbar, and found out that I have a rank of 5/10. Not too bad.

In other news, I compiled the latest Kernel. Now, I have 2.6.11 (the default Kanotix kernel) and 2.6.13. The reason for the recompile was a couple of things. Firstly, I want apmsleep to work. It claims that APM was not compiled in the Kernel. And I also wanted to get Software Suspend working (yes, Hibernation). So, I downloaded the source, applied the Software Suspend 2 patch, made sure that APM was enabled (and just for the heck of it, I included it as part of the Kernel rather than a Module) and recompiled with the help of a guide that I found. It's now working fine, but I'm not using it at the moment. Why? The Ndiswrapper module is not installed, which means that I'll uninstall the current version and compile the newest version by hand. I'm just too lazy to do that right now.

Check back for updates in the near future.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2005 09:12:00 PM, Blogger Justin said…

    I'm not sure how the Google PR system works. I know the blogspot domain probably has some influence, but I don't think it has a whole lot. I looked at a blog a family member writes, mostly for himself, that not many people read: his PR is 0.

    I think I'll have a goal PR of... 6. Hopefully I can achieve that :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home