Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Friday, October 07, 2005

GMail Working in Konqueror!

Woohoo! I've finally figured out how to use the regular GMail interface in Konqueror. No, not the HTML version, but the full AJAX version that Firefox has supported since the beginning.

Normally, if you load the page with the nocheckbrowser option, Konqueror will display the page, but nothing works... now I found a way to do it, and it's pretty easy.
  1. Go to http://mail.google.com/mail/?nocheckbrowser in Konqueror
  2. Go to Tools > Change Browser Identification > Other > Firefox 1.0
For some reason, GMail works when Konqueror is wearing the Firefox hat, but not when it identifies itself as Konqueror. Weird.

But, equally cool! So far, almost everything I tried has works. Navigation, starring, sending a message (with attachments), and more importantly, Settings which isn't avaliable in plain HTML. The only thing I found that didn't work was the WYSIWYG composer, but that's fine since I never used it anyway.

Now I can cross off one more thing that I need Firefox for.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/08/2005 09:04:00 AM, Blogger Justin said…

    I installed Quanta yesterday, and in the process it upgraded KDE to 3.4.2, the latest (stable) version. I guess Konqueror got a nice update too :)

    Too bad that it doesn't work for you. What version are you running?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home