Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Flock Fun

Well, I now have the "Developers Preview" of Flock, and there are some things that I really like about. Basically, it's a revamped version of FireFox but with lots of cool stuff added to it.

I think that it's going to make my life a lot easier, because it has Blogging, del.icio.us bookmarks, and Flickr built right into the browser... which means that I can blog about anything I want whenever I want. I'm using it's WYSIWYG editor to post this. I've heard that it produces horrendous HTML, but I want to see how horrendous :)

It has a really nice feature, called a Shelf. You can drag links, pictures, text, etc into it and save it for later. It's nice for saving links and text to blog about later.

I haven't used it a lot yet, but I've heard it's full of gaping holes. This is to be expected, since it's the first relsase. I'm really looking forward to when this becomes stable.

But this can be useful to other people. Think about how many people blog, use del.icio.us, or use Flickr? Ok, now how many of those people are using IE to do everything? We can use this to convert people off of IE and get them on something free.

(oh, and I like the local Favorites too - they have tags :) )

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home