Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Why Not to Run Windows

I just came across this video (yes, on digg) that reminded me why people tend to 'hate computers' and why some of us don't use it. I'd like to quote part of it here (it's from BBC)
Jack wanted to show me how risky it is to connect an unprotected PC to the net. This poor Windows XP machine has no firewall and no AntiVirus software. Connecting to the internet would be like throwing it into a lion pen with raw meat straped to it's hard drive.

So how long would it be before we were hit with something nasty on the net? Hours? Minutes? As it turned out, 8 seconds.

Jack: Well, we just connected to the internet, and we've been hit by the sasser worm. Already.
It gets even better, but I won't ruin it. Go see the video.

Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home