Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Friday, September 09, 2005

Using FeedBurner

Following Jon's example, I decided to go with FeedBurner for my blog feed. I checked it out, and it has a lot of really cool features. One cool feature is on-the-fly converting to make it as compatible as possible with the client being used (for example, this blog outputs an atom feed; if you subscribe with a client that supports RSS better than atom, it will convert it to RSS on-the-fly)

But some other cool features include the ability to see how many people subscribe to the feed, some cool buttons (you see one on the sidebar now), and tons of other great features that Blogger just can't offer.

If you have a blog, I strongly suggest giving it a try.

I have updated the blog with the new feed, which is now: feeds.feedburner.com/mightylinux. If you subscribe to this blog using it's old feed, that will continue to work, however I urge you to update it with the new URL. The advantage of this is... if I ever switch to another blog service (which may happen), you will still get the feed without having to change the URL. Also, you'll get the cool features like on-the-fly encoding. Something else I may do in the future is furl or del.icio.us, which also is supported in FeedBurner.

So, please update your agregators. Thanks!

(oh, and I also added Rojo to the syndication list)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home