Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Getting Dish Network

Yes, it's true. Yesterday I went out and ordered Dish Network.

I have Time Warner cable for the longest time (no, we don't get Comcast up here, but I wish we did). I just got fed up with it, and I want a change.

Dish Network is actually cheaper and looks like it has more channels that I actually will watch. But when I got information about it, I found some hidden jewels.

First of all, my first month is free, and for the first month I get everything. Yes, over 200 digital channels including HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime (I don't think I get Starz, though). After that, I get to keep the movie channels for two more months. I also found out that with the Top 120 package (which is what I'm getting), you also get most of the music channels on Sirius satellite radio (with the exception of 4, I think). I went to their website and counted, and between Sirius and their own digital music channels, there is a total of 95. 95! Sweet.

I also am getting their DVR service. I know that there's all sorts of restrictions and I do have a MythTV box upstairs, but that box is just too slow and I don't want to shell out $500 right now to build a new one (that's an option for the future, however).

It gets installed on Tuesday, I'll update you then :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home