Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Cool Start Page

For a while there's been My Yahoo, there's been Google, and more recently Microsoft's start.com, but I found one that's really cool.

It's called NetVibes. It's a home page that can show you the wether, many website feeds, and can even show you new GMail messages. It also has a similar layout to Google and start.com, meaning that you can drag and arrange the different boxes.

What I like about the feed feature of it is that you can read feeds within a new 'window' on the same homepage, meaning you don't need to go to the actual site to read it's content.

But what's really cool about this is that it's completely done with Ajax. You don't need an account to customize the page, but you can get one to see it from other computers.

Oh, and did I mention, you can even change the title :-)

I'm giving it a try, it's pretty cool.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/23/2005 09:10:00 PM, Blogger Justin said…

    No? Too bad. Works great in Firefox though, I really like it.

    I tried loading it with Opera (which is now freeware) and got a page saying they were working on support for Safari and Opera. When Safari works, Konqueror may work too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home