Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yeah Ubuntu!

All right! I got my ten Ubuntu CDs today that I requested from shipit. I put the Live CD into my computer right away (Yes, each ten copies contain an installable version and a Live CD) and was surprised to see that it didn't work. No sweat, I tried another... same problem. I tried a third one, that didn't work. As a hunch, I tried my regular CD drive (my computer has a DVD burner and a normal CD drive) and it worked fine... something Ubuntu related doesn't like my DVD burner, which is odd since Kubuntu worked fine with it.

Anyway... It loaded up with good speed. It is faster than Mepis, but not as fast as Kanotix. It booted up and played this really awesome bootup noise (great, my sound works) and came up with GNOME. I must say that this is the fastest, quickest responding Live CD I have ever used. Awesome.

Ubuntu guys - you rock. Not only have you paid for all these cool looking CDs but you have also paid to ship them from the Netherlands to my front door. I really have to had it to them for trying to spread Linux for free not only to those with Broadband connections, but those without too.

I have to give serious consideration to using Ubuntu or Kanotix. Both look really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home