Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Monday, August 01, 2005

MSN Virtual Earth: Hmm...

I just checked out MSN Virtual Earth for the first time. I loaded it in Firefox, expecting to be forced into using IE. Nope. It actually works very well with Firefox. I only tried out a few features, but they worked flawlessly. Things that I thought were "problems" (like the popup windows not being movable) were also present in IE. Just to compare, I loaded it in IE and only found one noticable difference. The blue area at the top was slightly transparent, so you could see the map underneath it. A useless feature. All other qwerks in Firefox were nearly invisible, such as the x button on windows being slightly larter than the bar. Otherwise, everything worked fine in Firefox, including the nice "locate me feature", which Google does not have.

As a sidenote, the map portion is fine, but as far as the satellite feature goes, Google still looks better. VirtualEarth is just too dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home