Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Kanotix: Hmm...

Hmm... Lately I've been reading tons of great things about Kanotix (and had some personal experiences with it, too). Pat blogged about it and said some cool things that really appeal to me. He said that it is the fastest Live CD he has tried, which I 100% agree with; I have yet to find a faster Live CD. He also said that it works great with apt-get and did a whole apt-get dist-upgrade without any problems, which is impressive. As a plus, it contains the very latest release of KDE, which Mepis does not. As much as I love Mepis, let's face it, it does have it's problems. For example, some applications (mostly non K-apps) just look ugly (like Firefox or Thunderbird, that's why I used Konqueror).

So I'm seriously thinking about giving Kanotix a whirl...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home