Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Monday, August 22, 2005

Gizmo Coming for Linux Tomorrow

Tomorrow, a beta version of Gizmo will be coming out for Linux. I have had a number of problems in the Windows client, which just released version 1 (although it still has many bugs and should be in beta). Hopefully the Linux client will work a little better...

Anyway, I'm still debating whether to stay with Skype or go with Gizmo. The only real improvements in Gizmo are Voicemail and slightly better quality. But I'm not sure if it's advantages outweigh it disadvantages.

For example, if you buy any Call Out credit, calls to toll free numbers cost money, and you don't have the five free minutes of calling that I really like. With Skype, I've never had to deal with inconsistencies. Only time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home