Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Friday, August 05, 2005

"Designed for Windows XP" stickers MUST DIE!!!

I've been getting really fed up lately with all these stickers that say "Designed for Windows XP" on them. They're beginning to really piss me off.


So you go to the store to buy a computer... On the box, Designed for Windows XP. What does that really mean? It means you will begin to hate your computer in a few months.

You go to the store to get a webcam. Still designed for Windows XP. In other words, this will not work without constant frustration and an extra serving of screaming.

Yet, I plug a webcam into a computer running Ubuntu (well, technically Kubuntu) and it works perfectly. Tvtime was able to display live video from it. That same scenario in Windows, you need to install the software. Reboot. Plug it in and hope it would work (and, in my experiences, it never worked the first time)

So what should we do about this? Let's create a "Designed for Linux" sticker. I'm going to start making one in Inkscape. Who's with me?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home