Why does nothing rhyme with Linux???

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Interesting Finding at Library

I went to one of my local libraries today to pick up a couple books and DVDs. Right next to all the computer books was the area with all the computers. I looked at an empty one and was pleasantly surprised to find Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox shortcuts on the desktop. While giving users a choice of which browser to use is definately a good thing, there is another issue that has to be addressed here. While there is a Firefox shortcut on the desktop, it is not always obvious to a new user who hasn't used Firefox before to figure out that Firefox is a browser. The IE shortcut was clearly marked "Internet", while the FF one was marked "Mozilla Firefox", so most users would end up using IE... and as I looked to see what people were doing, I found one person using FF and the remaining 5 were using IE.

Something's wrong here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home